Thursday, November 12 2020
One of the most likely places a sticker or decal can be found on a car is on its windshield. And on some cars, you have to wonder if the person has turned his windshield into a sticker collection or just how crazy the previous owner actually was.
For some cases, you just can’t help dealing with city and parking stickers stuck on your glass. Same goes for club memberships, oil change stickers, Carwash decals, sticky sports team merch, and a slew of other adhesive based stuck-ons. If you have ever bought an old used car, inherited one from a family member, or just need to get the darn things off, then you’ve certainly arrived at the sticky situation at hand: removing crap from your glass!
Whether it is a parking decal or a discount sticker for your favorite fast food joints and drive-thrus, it is vital to understand that these stickers are designed to last for a very, very long time. You can’t just take them out by spraying some cool water on the windshield – there is a process to it.
However, there is nothing to worry about because there are plenty of sure-shot ways you can effectively remove stickers from your windshield without damaging the glass. Sure, the adhesive part of the sticker is daunting to remove, but with a few tricks and products, you can easily get them out without breaking a sweat.
Top 7 Methods You Can Use to Take Out Windshield Stickers and Decals</h2
6. Goo Gone - Goo Gone is a non-toxic chemical that specially designed to help you get rid of adhesive substances like stickers, wood glue, normal glue, and whatnot. It is an ideal method to get decals and windshield stickers off permanently and quickly. So all you need to do is spray some Goo Gone on the decal, wait for a couple of minutes and remove the sticker by hand – that is it.
5. Rubbing Alcohol (Denatured) - If you can’t seem to get the sticker out using a normal window detergent, the next best thing to use is denatured or rubbing alcohol. This chemical has will get the sticker out in a jiffy and without any effort. To start, take some paper towels, check if it is dry, and soak it with some rubbing alcohol. Then just dab away at the sticker. Completely soak the sticker with the chemical. This works on Treesap too
4. Icing It - Icing the sticker is another effective way of getting rid of it once and for all. Just use an ice pack. Put it on the sticker for around 5 to 6 minutes, let it cool the decal, and then just start picking on it using a razor or a small, sharp object. But be careful not to damage your windshield!
3. Baking Soda - You can also mix some baking soda with some everyday cooking oil. Baking soda is the non-toxic alternative to WD-40 – and has a plethora of applications. It is hailed as the most budget-friendly and easy to use cleaning agent. Just add some of the powder in a half a cup of cooking oil and start dabbing the sticker with some dry paper towel. Wait for a couple of minutes and remove the sticker with your fingers.
2. Hot Water Treatment - Fill a water bottle with some piping hot water and add a little bit of liquid soap in it. Shake it up and gently start pouring the water on the sticker. After you soak it a couple of times, check and feel if the adhesive has come loose, if not pour the rest of the water and then take the decal out with your fingers.
1. WD-40 ! ! ! - This is a famous trick using something we all have! This anti-rust, none toxic spray oil/chemical that has a whole portfolio of applications. And removing stickers is one of them. Spray some of the chemical on the sticker and let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Then just use a damp cloth to wipe it off – it is that simple!
If you never get to remove that nasty sticker, but somewhere along the way break your windshield, never fear. The specialists at Liberty Lake Auto Glass offer a premiere, mobile service just for that awful occasion when your windshield breaks in the middle of nowhere. We come to you@! The Spokane Auto Glass Experts at Liberty Lake Auto Glass work with you to determine the best form of replacement and even the payment, including Direct Billing to your insurance company.
For a quote, call (509) 218-4978
Cunning & absolutely Cool: VW’s Silver-Embedded, Thermally-Flexible Auto Glass
So is it time for a new windshield for you? From low-tech, show-stopping classic cars, to today’s breathtaking paragons of high-tech sport luxury; The Spokane auto glass experts here at Liberty Lake auto glass have all your automotive window glass needs covered. Contact us and schedule your Free Mobile, curbside service today.